Saturday, April 11, 2009

I want to be the catalyst!

In chemistry it is defined as a substance that causes or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected.

In personal relationships the word catalyst can be used to define a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly enthusiastic or energetic.

I enjoy bringing others together. I say this not to be looked upon as special. I say this because I think it provides a special reward. It is a sense of accomplishment. Even if it does not produce some great idea or outstanding new relationship, it is fun.

I sometimes get real intense and say that I don't want credit for the act of bringing others together. An onlooker might point out, by making that statement I am actually causing people to acknowledge my work. That onlooker might also be wrong. Well that is my take for today. Take care all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment